Software Test Engineers are responsible for designing and implementing test procedures to ensure that software programs work as intended. They are mostly hired by software development companies to ensure that products perform to specifications before being released to the public.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Software Test Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Software Test Engineer to join our QA team. As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating software functions and designing test protocols to ensure that products work as intended. You will also be responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggesting performance changes, and preparing performance reports for the Development Managers.
To ensure success as a Software Test Engineer, you should have advanced knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting. A skilled Software Test Engineer should be able to identify even the smallest flaw in software designs and suggest simple yet effective fixes.
Software Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with Development Managers to discuss software specifications and controls.
- Using the software as intended to analyze its functional properties.
- Designing manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product.
- Building, coding, and implementing software evaluation test programs.
- Running test programs to ensure that testing protocols evaluate the software correctly.
- Tweaking the software testing systems for maximum performance.
- Finalizing and documenting testing procedures.
- Completing final tests and creating test reports.
- Presenting test reports to management and suggesting software fixes.
Software Test Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field.
- Proven work experience as a Software Test Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of program testing software including Bugzilla and HP LoadRunner.
- Advanced knowledge of debugging codes and software development languages.
- Experience working with popular operating systems including Windows and Linux.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collate data and compile test reports.
- Excellent software troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to design and write complex software testing procedures.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources