Tenured Professors are academic staff that hold permanent positions at tertiary institutions. They have established themselves through years of teaching and research and are distinguished from Adjuncts, Lecturers, Teaching Assistants, and other academics because they have increased academic.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tenured Professor Job Description Template
We are searching for a detail-oriented, established academic to be the faculty’s new Tenured Professor. The Tenured Professor’s responsibilities include conducting and publishing research regularly, supervising and teaching graduates, developing curricula, and assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff. You should be able to stimulate meaningful discussions with staff and students and make valid contributions to your chosen field.
To be successful as a Tenured Professor, you should be able to understand a wide range of texts and communicate your ideas effectively. Outstanding candidates should be highly observant, analytical, and able to quickly identify potential research areas.
Tenured Professor Responsibilities:
- Developing and approving curricula, course material, and assessments.
- Delivering lectures to graduate students at the university and visiting other institutions as a guest speaker.
- Identifying research areas and conducting fieldwork, experiments, and investigations.
- Reading through and providing feedback on graduate proposals and theses.
- Maintaining academic networks through regular attendance at conferences and other events.
- Attending and participating in departmental, faculty, and committee meetings and social events.
- Monitoring the performance of Junior Lecturers, Teaching Assistants, and Lecturers, and offering support and advice wherever necessary.
- Publishing research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Interviewing and recruiting new academics.
- Assisting with the creation of a university environment that encourages equality and freedom of speech.
Tenured Professor Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in the relevant discipline.
- Several years of experience teaching, conducting research, and publishing papers.
- Superb analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- A passion for your chosen discipline.
- Excellent networking and presentation skills.
- Commitment and willingness to work long hours.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Leadership qualities and a growth mindset.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources