Interview Questions for Tenured Professors:
1. What was the most interesting project that you supervised?
Reveals interests, passions, and potential strengths.
2. Can you describe a time when you made an improvement to your department?
Demonstrates problem-solving, organizational, and leadership skills.
3. How would you juggle teaching, research, and supervision responsibilities?
Evaluates planning and time management skills.
4. How would you motivate students who were struggling to finish their theses?
Highlights interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills, plus the ability to build rapport with students.
5. Describe a time when you disagreed with a colleague. What happened?
Tests conflict resolution and active listening skills, as well as the ability to remain professional at all times.