Technical service managers lead and support information technology teams to ensure optimal performance of IT systems and ultimate client satisfaction. They can be found in various industries where they develop IT plans and strategies in collaboration with other technical staff.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Service Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a detail-oriented technical service manager to join our excellent team. As the technical service manager, you will be responsible for overseeing security maintenance, developing and implementing effective performance management policies, and training new technical staff.
A successful technical service manager will be a keen problem-solver who is able to delegate tasks and make difficult decisions. Ideal candidates should have a growth mindset, superb interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
Technical Service Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing IT systems and providing improved solutions.
- Establishing the resources required for projects and presenting findings to upper management.
- Collaborating with technical staff to create strategic plans to deliver services.
- Analyzing clients’ issues and developing plans to mitigate them.
- Scheduling upgrades and replacements of software and hardware.
- Overseeing the acquisition of new technology.
- Hiring and training new staff.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the technological and management sectors.
- Attending workshops and scheduling refresher courses as required.
Technical Service Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, computer engineering, or similar.
- MBA is advantageous.
- Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco CCNA Certification is preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management or as a technical analyst.
- Superb analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to make important decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and teamwork skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources