Interview Questions for Technical Project Managers:
1. Which metrics did you use to measure the progress of your last three projects?
The candidate's answer will show their ability to ensure timeframes are adhered to in a dynamic project.
2. Which communication challenges did you encounter during previous projects, and how did you overcome them?
The potential hire’s response will demonstrate whether they have the ability to identify and adequately address communication challenges.
3. What is your approach to managing a project?
Shows the candidate's planning and management style.
4. How do you get project teams to adhere to budgets and timelines and other standards? How do you track this information?
Tests management skills.
5. How do you handle conflicts between project teams?
Tests conflict resolution skills.