The Technical Project Manager is responsible for overseeing projects from inception to completion. The Technical Project Manager supervises team members, manages budgets and ensures that health and safety laws are followed.
When interviewing Technical Project Managers, the ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills. Be wary of candidates with poor problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Technical Project Managers:
1. Which metrics did you use to measure the progress of your last three projects?
The candidate's answer will show their ability to ensure timeframes are adhered to in a dynamic project.
2. Which communication challenges did you encounter during previous projects, and how did you overcome them?
The potential hire’s response will demonstrate whether they have the ability to identify and adequately address communication challenges.
3. What is your approach to managing a project?
Shows the candidate's planning and management style.
4. How do you get project teams to adhere to budgets and timelines and other standards? How do you track this information?
Tests management skills.
5. How do you handle conflicts between project teams?
Tests conflict resolution skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources