Interview Questions for Technical Account Managers:
1. What steps would you take if a customer is unsatisfied with a product?
Look for candidates who ask questions to determine the reasons behind client dissatisfaction, as well as interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
2. What would you do if a delivery product arrived at its destination in a damaged state?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills as well as knowledge of delivery and sales processes.
3. Have you developed and implemented strategies to increase sales and the client base?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative thinking and sales abilities. Be aware of candidates with little to no sales experience.
4. How would you sell a product that is being pushed by developers but is not well-received by customers?
Look for candidates who demonstrate sales and creative thinking skills. Also, take note of candidates who demonstrate good problem-solving skills as well as the confidence to report negative product performance to the developers.
5. How would you train a difficult client to use a new product?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and technical skills.