Teacher Trainers can be found in schools and universities where they help improve teachers’ skills. They typically make assessments and provide coaching and advice. Teacher Trainers also sit in on classes, provide curriculum guidance, and set goals for teaching staff.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Teacher Trainer Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-motivated Teacher Trainer to work with teachers at our school. The Teacher Trainer’s responsibilities include monitoring teacher performance, observing classes, making assessments, and scheduling workshops as well as one-on-one training. You should be able to engage with teachers from a range of different backgrounds and provide helpful feedback.
To be successful as a Teacher Trainer, you should have strong analytical and observational skills. Outstanding candidates are diplomatic, have excellent interpersonal skills, and are able to quickly identify problems.
Teacher Trainer Responsibilities:
- Observing lessons and identifying teachers’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Providing feedback, advice, and individual training sessions for teachers.
- Organizing workshops, training sessions, and events where guest speakers inspire teachers.
- Collaborating with teachers and other staff to develop improved curricula, lesson plans, assessments, and classroom management techniques.
- Setting weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for teachers as well as students, and providing advice and guidance to ensure these goals are met.
- Returning to classrooms to reassess progress once teachers have completed their training.
- Supervising classroom activities, taking notes, and writing up reports to share with school administrators and relevant stakeholders.
- Developing new strategies and plans for an improved learning experience.
- Keeping abreast of developments in teaching as well as your relevant subject area.
- Building teacher networks and encouraging teachers to share their resources and knowledge.
Teacher Trainer Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Education or the subject discipline.
- Extensive teaching experience in the subject area or a related discipline.
- Experience teaching adults might be advantageous.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Patience and resilience.
- A high degree of diplomacy.
- Great conflict resolution skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources