Tax Managers prepare and file state and federal tax documents for companies or individuals. They develop and implement strategies to aid their clients in complying with tax legislation.
Tax Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly driven Tax Manager to ensure that clients’ state and federal tax documents are prepared and filed in a timely manner. The Tax Manager’s responsibilities include developing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and informing staff of new legislative developments. You should also be able to advise clients on tax planning, tax research, and tax compliance.
To be successful as a Tax Manager, you should be able to manage multiple projects efficiently. Ultimately, an outstanding Tax Manager should be able to identify opportunities to grow the company’s client base.
Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Accurately preparing and filing federal and state tax returns in a timely manner.
- Developing tax strategies to assist clients in being tax-compliant.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Completing responses and schedules in preparation for income tax audits.
- Monitoring developments in tax legislation.
- Reviewing tax returns.
- Informing management and staff of developments in tax legislation.
- Supervising members of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Tax Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Business or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
- Proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant or similar role.
- The ability to work with different taxation software.
- Extensive knowledge of tax legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources