Tax Managers are responsible for the preparation and filing of state and federal tax documents. They help companies and individuals comply with tax legislation through the implementation of tax strategies and policies.
When interviewing Tax Managers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, and an interest in learning about new developments in tax legislation. Be wary of candidates that lack strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Interview Questions for Tax Managers:
1. How do you ensure that you are up to date with the latest tax legislation?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge.
2. What sets you apart from other tax managers?
Demonstrates the candidate’s level of experience.
3. How do you ensure that tax returns are submitted in a timely manner?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, organizational skills, and experience.
4. What was the biggest error you have made regarding tax returns? How have you rectified it?
Tests the candidate’s honesty and problem-solving skills.
5. How would you address a member of the tax team that has been underperforming?Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources