Also known as Geomatics/Land Surveyors, Surveyors are responsible for measuring, mapping, assessing, and interpreting information about a specific section of land or property.
Successful candidates will be able to undertake land surveys using a variety of specialist equipment and technology. Avoid candidates that do not display exceptional technical and analytical skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Surveyors:
1. Which surveying tools do you use to measure a section of land?
The candidate should specify that they use a variety of hand and electronic surveying tools.
2. Which GPS and/or GIS applications/devices have you used to perform your duties as a Surveyor?
Displays spatial mapping skills and the ability to use specialized equipment.
3. How do you stay up to date with the latest developments in GIS?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.
4. Describe a time when you worked with a project manager, or an engineer, on a project. Did you manage to work effectively with them?
Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and work with others.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your measurements. How did you remedy it?
Shows accountability and the ability to fix a mistake.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources