Interview Questions for Surveyors:
1. Which surveying tools do you use to measure a section of land?
The candidate should specify that they use a variety of hand and electronic surveying tools.
2. Which GPS and/or GIS applications/devices have you used to perform your duties as a surveyor?
Displays spatial mapping skills and the ability to use specialized equipment.
3. How do you stay up to date with the latest developments in GIS?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.
4. Describe a time when you worked with a project manager, or an engineer, on a project. Did you manage to work effectively with them?
Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and work with others.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your measurements. How did you remedy it?
Shows accountability and the ability to fix a mistake.