Strategic accounts managers build and maintain strong relationships with key business clients. They regularly communicate with clients, resolve client queries, and increase revenue by promoting product innovation. They also collaborate with sales teams to generate sales leads.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Strategic Accounts Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-driven strategic accounts manager to manage our key account portfolios. You will be developing client relationship management strategies, establishing strong client relationships, and suggesting innovative solutions to meet client needs.
To ensure success as a strategic accounts manager, you should possess extensive sales experience in a related industry and the ability to generate business leads. An outstanding strategic accounts manager will be someone whose customer-oriented approach and sales expertise result in increased profitability.
Strategic Accounts Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintaining assigned key accounts and providing ongoing client support.
- Developing and implementing client relationship management strategies.
- Communicating with key clients to monitor client expectations and satisfaction.
- Identifying new business leads and contacting prospective key clients to promote products and services.
- Establishing efficient communication channels and liaising between key clients and internal departments.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to the management of key client relationships.
- Handling client queries and finding innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Monitoring sales performance metrics and facilitating timely interventions.
- Performing recordkeeping, as well as preparing sales forecasts and reports.
Strategic Accounts Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a strategic accounts manager, or similar.
- Proficiency in CRM software, such as Salesforce and HubSpot.
- Extensive experience in B2B sales in a related industry.
- In-depth knowledge of client relationship management strategies.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources