Account Representatives close sales, build relationships with new clients and sustain long-term relationships with existing clients. They encourage repeat business and ensure that clients are satisfied with company products and services.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Account Representative Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a goal-driven Account Representative to drive company sales by building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients. The Account Representative’s responsibilities include selling additional products and services to existing clients, relaying client feedback to the marketing and advertising departments, and networking to find new clients. You should also be able to answer clients’ questions and address their concerns.
To be successful as an Account Representative, you should demonstrate innovative ways to ensure excellent customer service. Ultimately, an exceptional Account Representative should be able to develop creative and resourceful methods of sourcing new clients.
Account Representative Responsibilities:
- Acting as the main point of contact between the company and clients.
- Ensuring that all contracts and necessary paperwork are signed.
- Preparing invoices and submitting them to clients.
- Maintaining an accurate record of client payments.
- Improving sales by attracting new clients through cold-calling, emailing, and following company-generated leads.
- Introducing new company products and services to existing clients.
- Resolving client complaints in a professional manner and reporting them to management as required.
- Developing and maintaining solid client relationships by regularly following up on clients.
Account Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field is advantageous.
- Proven experience in sales or customer service.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources