Stonemason Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented stonemason to join our construction and engineering team. In this role, you will be required to read and interpret blueprints, collaborate with construction crews and crane operators, cut or shape stones, and fix stones according to the structural plans. You may also be required to dig trenches, operate heavy machinery, or replace missing and broken stones.
To ensure success as a stonemason, you should have excellent craftsmanship skills, a good eye for detail, and the strength to work on construction sites. A skilled stonemason should be able to visualize the final stone structure before the first cut is made, and design the work accordingly.
- Reading and interpreting structural blueprints.
- Determining the materials and equipment needed for the project.
- Mixing grout and cement.
- Cutting and shaping stones to desired dimensions.
- Laying stones according to construction plans or project specifications.
- Operating cranes, hoists, or heavy machinery to move stones.
- Digging trenches using a pick and shovel.
- Smoothing and polishing stones and concrete.
- Replacing defective or missing stones on walls and structures.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completed a stonemason apprenticeship at an accredited trade school.
- 3+ years working as a Stonemason in construction or architectural design.
- Ability to visualize and implement aesthetic patterns into a construction design.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints.
- Familiarity with stone cutting, shaping, and binding tools.
- Certified to operate heavy machinery, cranes, and hoists.
- Physically strong and able to manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to work outdoors and in noisy areas for extended periods of time.