Masons, or stone masons, use various tools and techniques to shape rock and stone pieces and artificial mineral products into the geometric shapes needed to build bridges, buildings, monuments etc. They also do repairs and restorations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mason Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled, experienced mason who can cut, dress and lay stone, and who is proficient with both modern power tools and traditional hand tools. Masons can expect to work in all weather and with various materials, lift and carry heavy objects, and read and assess technical drawings. Their responsibilities include texturing and polishing blocks of stone, installing dressed stone, mixing cement and mortar, and restoring old and damaged masonry works.
Successful masons should have a love for traditional techniques, a keenness for learning, exceptional problem-solving skills, and should have a natural talent for working with their hands. Ideal candidates will have completed a three-year apprenticeship, and will be physically fit and able.
- Maintaining tools and workspaces.
- Cutting, shaping and dressing materials.
- Lifting, carrying and placing prepared blocks.
- Reading and following technical drawings.
- Training apprentices.
- Mixing cement and mortar.
- Restoring old and worn masonry.
- 3+ years' apprenticeship.
- Love for working with stone.
- Respect for the ancient traditions of the profession.