Steel Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled steel worker to join our team. In this role, you will be required to interpret engineering blueprints, fabricate steel frames and supports, and oversee the installation of steel infrastructure. You will also be required to perform maintenance and repairs to existing steel structures.
To ensure success as a steel worker, you should have a keen eye for detail and be comfortable working at heights. A skilled steel worker should be able to accurately interpret engineering plans and precisely execute the construction and installation of steel structures.
Steel Worker Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting architectural blueprints and engineering plans.
- Determining material requirements and construction techniques based on design specifications.
- Constructing steel frames, supports, columns, concrete reinforcements, and other steel structures.
- Transporting steel elements to the construction site and demarcating offloading and working areas.
- Preparing for installation by measuring, cutting, aligning, and placing steel structures.
- Positioning steel girders, columns, and supports using cranes and hoisting methods.
- Verifying the alignment of steel elements with the use of levels, plumb bobs, and laser sights.
- Installing steel infrastructure by bolting, wiring, and welding elements together according to the design specifications.
- Ensuring that all health and safety measures are adhered to.
- Performing maintenance and repairs to existing steel frames and structures, as needed.
Steel Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A completed steel worker apprenticeship program.
- Completion of an OSHAcademy Steel Erection Safety course or similar preferred.
- A valid driver's license.
- The ability to operate a crane and other lifting equipment.
- Good understanding of OSHA health and safety regulations.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering designs.
- Excellent knowledge of construction equipment such as laser levels, power tools, welding equipment, and pulley systems.
- Physically fit and able to work at heights.
- Willingness to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.