Steel fixers position steel bars and mesh in order to reinforce concrete structures. They generally work on construction sites to strengthen buildings and other big structures, and may also assist with concrete preparation and pouring.
When interviewing steel fixers, look for candidates with experience in steel fixing and a good working knowledge of construction health and safety issues. Be wary of candidates who are uncomfortable with heights and who lack experience with power tools.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Steel Fixers:
1. What steps do you take when lifting and guiding steel rebar into place?
Illustrates the candidate's work experience, job knowledge, and understanding of construction safety guidelines.
2. What should you think about before welding or clipping a steel bar in place?
Shows the candidate's job knowledge and understanding of steel fixing.
3. How do you identify potential construction problems?
Indicates the candidate's analytical and critical thinking skills.
4. What experience do you have working at heights?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to handle heights and uncomfortable work conditions.
5. When have you followed engineering plans and what was the outcome?
Illustrates the candidate's ability to work with technical plans and drawings.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources