Steel workers build and install steel reinforcements and structures used in a variety of construction projects. They interpret engineering plans, construct steel structures, and install girders, columns, and reinforcements on a variety of commercial, industrial, and civil engineering projects.
When interviewing steel workers, strong candidates will be physically fit, able to work at heights, and have extensive knowledge of construction techniques. Be wary of candidates who demonstrate poor time management skills or lack precision in their work.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Steel Workers
1. What types of construction projects have you worked on before?
Assesses the candidate's work experience.
2. What details do you look for when reading engineering blueprints?
Examine the candidate's eye for detail and proficiency in reading technical plans.
3. What safety precautions would you implement when hoisting a steel girder?
Explores the candidate's experience and knowledge of safety regulations.
4. How do you ensure that steel girders are correctly aligned before welding?
Evaluated the candidate's precision and knowledge of steel construction practices.
5. Can you describe the most technical construction issue that you solved?
Explores the candidate's problem-solving abilities and technical knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources