Interview Questions for Statisticians:
1. Which statistical information do you usually provide in a quarterly report?
Demonstrates industry knowledge, as well as whether the candidate focuses on data interpretation rather than on the statistical procedures themselves.
2. How do you stay up to date with the latest trends in statistical software?
Assesses the candidate's ability to stay informed about advancements in the field of statistical software.
3. A weekly data report is handed in late and incomplete. How do you react?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving skills and reveals how effectively they communicate the importance of providing accurate data.
4. Can you describe your steps to ensure the validity and accuracy of your data?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience in maintaining data integrity.
5. How would you forecast the next financial next year's monthly production costs?
Determines the candidate's statistical knowledge and industry experience.