The Stage Manager is responsible for coordinating theatrical productions from rehearsals to performances, working alongside the director to ensure that the production is successful.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Stage Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and energetic Stage Manager to oversee the planning and execution of stage productions. The Stage Manager is responsible for recording any stage details decided upon by the director and to ensure that all cast and crew members are aware of this information.
To be successful as a Stage Manager you must be able to multitask and keep track of various duties that need to be performed. A good Stage Manager communicates with all cast and crew members accurately and efficiently and anticipates the needs of these individuals.
Stage Manager Responsibilities:
- Scheduling rehearsal times.
- Noting any stage details during rehearsals and reporting this to the crew.
- Informing the costume and wardrobe department of the director's vision.
- Directing individuals behind the curtains during performances.
- Explaining the prop needs to craftsmen.
Stage Manager Requirements:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A bachelor's degree in Drama or another relevant field.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources