Sports Psychologists are registered mental health professionals who use psychological knowledge and skills to improve the performance and well-being of athletes. Their primary duties include cognitive and behavioral skills training for performance enhancement, counseling and clinical interventions, and consultation and training of athletes from all sporting disciplines.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Sports Psychologist
1. What process do you follow in assessing a rehabilitating athlete?
This question tests the candidate’s ability to effectively identify the athlete’s weaknesses.
2. How have your listening skills enhanced an athlete’s self-efficacy?
This question illustrates the candidate’s ability to effectively listen.
3. Could you give me an example of when you overcame a difficult challenge in preparing an athlete for competition?
This question will indicate the candidate's problem-solving skills.
4. What methods do you follow to ensure communication channels convey accurate information in a multidisciplinary team?
This question indicates the candidate’s ability to communicate effectively.
5. How would you counsel an athlete with a recurring mental health condition?
This indicates the candidate’s ability to effectively research in order to provide appropriate counseling and support.