Interview Questions for Speech Writers:
1. What information do you require before you can write a speech?
Tests planning and organizational skills as well as in-depth knowledge of speechwriting.
2. What skills have you acquired that make you a good speech writer?
Reveals candidates’ skill level, experience, and understanding of the role.
3. The client is unhappy and you have to rewrite the speech. How do you respond?
Tests the candidates problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
4. How do you go about prioritizing your work?
Tests time management and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
5. Can you describe how you would go about crafting a speech?
Reveals candidates’ process, their research skills, and their overall suitability for the position.