Solutions Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced solutions engineer to work alongside our passionate sales team. As a solutions engineer, you will be required to conduct discovery calls with our trained Sales Representatives, draft and deliver presentations, demonstrate the features of company products, and create customized software solutions for the client.
To ensure success as a solutions engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of software and hardware systems, a passion for sales, and high-level communications skills. Ultimately, a top-notch solutions engineer drives sales by creating specialized business software solutions, tailor-made to the customer's needs.
Solutions Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conducting client discovery calls with sales representatives.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their hardware and software needs.
- Strategizing with the sales team to create customized solutions.
- Drafting and delivering presentations on targeted products.
- Designing and installing customized software and hardware solutions for the customer.
- Testing the performance of the installed system and fixing bugs.
- Providing post-installation follow-ups.
- Developing relationships and maintaining customer relations.
- Supporting the sales team with all technical related queries.
Solutions Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering.
- Previous work experience as a solutions engineer.
- Familiarity with business hardware and software systems.
- High-level communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create big-picture software solutions.
- Ability to present ideas in a clean, user-friendly way.
- Attention to detail.
- Sales experience.