Solution Architects design or modify systems architecture to meet certain business needs. They test, integrate, and program software systems to ensure that specific business issues are solved.
Solution Architect Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative Solution Architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs. The Solution Architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing development teams. You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
To be successful as a Solution Architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture. An outstanding Solution Architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
Solution Architect Responsibilities:
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Solution Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources