Interview Questions for Solutions Engineers:
1. What skills do you think solutions engineers need to be successful?
Indicates an understanding of the position and a passion for sales.
2. What techniques would you use to gather information from clients about their business needs?
Reveals the candidate’s ability to create big-picture concepts.
3. How would you go about creating customized solutions for a mid-sized company?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to scale systems appropriately.
4. What do you think is the most important part of the product demonstration process?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal skills and reveals a talent for sales.
5. How do you maintain customer relations?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of after-sales service.