Sociologists study the ways in which groups are formed and maintained through the action or inaction of contextual factors. This, combined with Sociologist's insights within and between-group interactions, can be used to inform further research and policy development.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sociologist Job Description Template
We are searching for a knowledgeable Sociologist to study, teach, and report on pertinent social phenomena. In this position, you should conceptualize research protocols, locate appropriate participants, and collate your findings. As a Sociologist, you should also aim to contribute to public knowledge about the discipline and its endeavors.
To be successful as a Sociologist, you should be genuinely interested in the world around you, and committed to searching for ways to improve it. A remarkable Sociologist will use their platform to serve the needs of marginalized groups.
- Remaining abreast of the latest research findings.
- Formulating research projects that are novel and appropriate to our context.
- Sourcing participants that fit your niche.
- Analyzing data by using the appropriate techniques.
- Using insights derived from your and other evidence-based research to inform policy suggestions.
- Expanding the reach of our organization by publishing technical and non-technical outputs, and by hosting and attending conferences.
- Teaching sociological theories to groups of people.
- Centering the experiences of appropriate individuals in each of your undertakings.
- Bachelor's degree in Sociology.
- Advanced degree in Sociology or a similar field is preferred.
- Prior experience as a Sociologist, preferably within a similar setting.
- In-depth understanding of sociological concepts, principles, and theories across all major subspecialties.
- Expert knowledge of intersectional theory.
- Strong research and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Passionate about giving leverage to disenfranchised populations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources