Sign installers mount, service, and repair signs in commercial, industrial, and residential settings. Their duties include preparing poles, buildings, billboards, and other structures for installations and then mounting the signs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sign Installer Job Description Template
We are seeking a detail-oriented sign installer to transport and install a variety of signs. In this role, you will be required to ensure that the designs meet clients' specifications, prepare the signs for mounting, and manage the placement and installation of the signs, among other duties.
To ensure success as a sign installer, you will need to be highly organized, have good knowledge about the types of signs, and be comfortable working at heights. An outstanding sign installer will demonstrate precision and possess a sound understanding of the applicable construction and installation techniques.
Sign Installer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that signs meet clients' specifications in terms of spelling, font, size, and medium.
- Loading and transporting signs, tools, and materials to the location safely.
- Preparing the site for installation by removing old signage, preparing the surface or structure, and securing the electrical connections.
- Ensuring the effective measurement, placement, connection, and installation of the sign.
- Mounting and installing the signs in accordance with all safety protocols.
- Clearing debris and materials from the site after each installation.
- Performing maintenance and repairs to signs, as needed.
- Operating and maintaining the tools and equipment in accordance with safety protocols.
Sign Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Journeyman electrician license.
- At least two years' experience as a sign installer or similar.
- Valid commercial driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Good knowledge of various types of signs including vinyl, channel letters, electrical signs, and road signs.
- A sound understanding of the applicable installation methods, materials, and safety measures.
- The ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Physically fit and able to perform strenuous labor including lifting, climbing, and working at heights.
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Willingness to work during evenings and on weekends, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources