Shuttle Bus Drivers utilize company-issued vehicles to drive passengers between places. Shuttle Bus Drivers transport various groups, including tourists, school children, and elderly individuals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Shuttle Bus Driver Job Description Template
We are searching for a lively, highly organized Shuttle Bus Driver to ensure the safe transport of our passengers. To this end, the Shuttle Bus Driver will be required to determine the collection and drop-off points for each trip, and adhere to the vehicle's passenger limit. You should also keep a log of absent passengers.
To be successful as a Shuttle Bus Driver, you should demonstrate strict adherence to schedules and transport-related legislation. Ultimately, an extraordinary Shuttle Bus Driver will be able to diagnose and remedy basic mechanical issues that may arise.
Shuttle Bus Driver Responsibilities:
- Collating and editing transport schedules based on passengers' needs.
- Arriving at collection points prior to departure times.
- Confirming that all passengers are present, and recording no-shows.
- Ensuring adherence to passenger limits, both seated and standing.
- Avoiding high-traffic and accident-prone routes, where possible.
- Separating physical fights and calming verbal altercations, as needed.
- Recording and reporting all major accidents and incidents to your supervisor.
- Checking that passengers disembark at the correct destinations, and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the shuttle bus is fueled, well-maintained, and presentable at all times.
- Observing all relevant traffic and safety laws.
Shuttle Bus Driver Requirements:
- Certified to transport individuals via shuttle bus.
- Previous experience driving groups of people.
- Outstanding knowledge of applicable transport and safety codes.
- First Aid training is preferred.
- Excellent route planning abilities.
- Great improvisational skills.
- Amicable and optimistic disposition.
- Working knowledge of pertinent car maintenance and restoration techniques.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources