Local Truck Drivers transport goods to and from specified locations within a designated geographic area. They ensure that goods are well-secured during transit and delivered to customers in a timely manner.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Local Truck Driver Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dedicated and focused Local Truck Driver to deliver goods on behalf of our company. The Local Truck Driver’s responsibilities include arranging goods inside the company truck based on the order of delivery, performing general maintenance on the company truck, answering customers' questions, and notifying management of customer complaints. You should also be able to adjust local travel routes in instances of traffic congestion, road maintenance, and accidents.
To be successful as a Local Truck Driver, you should demonstrate punctuality and ensure that all local deliveries are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding Local Truck Driver should be able to effectively communicate with customers, dispatch, and warehouse staff as well as adhere to road safety regulations at all times.
Local Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Safely transporting goods to and from specified locations according to company delivery schedules.
- Maintaining an accurate logbook of driving activities, detailing the number of hours worked, deliveries completed, and rest periods.
- Liaising with dispatch to communicate any traffic issues and delays.
- Properly securing goods to ensure that they are not damaged in transit.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of goods, using hand trucks and electric lifts as required.
- Obtaining signatures from customers upon completion of each delivery to confirm receipt of goods.
- Notifying management of any accidents, parking tickets, vehicle damage, and major maintenance issues.
- Ensuring that the company truck is clean and well-maintained at all times.
Local Truck Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Class C commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Proven experience driving trucks.
- A clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to utilize GPS and local road maps.
- The ability to operate hand trucks and electric lifts.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources