Service Writers often work in the Automotive Industry to facilitate transactions between the business and the customer. Service Writers will track repairs and the causes of problems, schedule Service Technicians, and process warranties and insurance.
When interviewing Service Writers, look for candidates who demonstrate good product knowledge or service experience as well as strong communication and customer service skills. Take note of candidates who lack strong computer skills and knowledge of office software programs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Service Writers:
1. A customer complains that the car engine is "whistling" and can provide no other details. How do you provide the Service Technicians with accurate repair instructions?
Demonstrates candidates' product and industry knowledge as well as their diagnostic abilities.
2. What do you think is the key to effective and satisfactory customer service?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and customer service skills.
3. What methods would you use to generate revenue and repeat business for the company?
Demonstrates candidates' creative thinking and analytical skills.
4. Can you describe a time when you anticipated a problem? What was the outcome?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical skills and their ability to generate revenue.
5. How would you react if you received criticism from a customer or supervisor?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills, ability to learn from their mistakes, and their ability to handle stress and pressure.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources