Service Advisors act as liaisons between customers and service technicians working in car dealerships or service garages. They are responsible for working with customers to determine their vehicle problems and working with technicians to convey the customers' concerns.
When interviewing Service Advisors, look for candidates who demonstrate a strong understanding and knowledge of automotive technology and the automotive industry. Take note of candidates who lack excellent communication, customer service, and sales abilities.
Interview Questions for Service Advisors:
1. Have you ever been part of a customer service failure? How did you correct the failure?
Demonstrates candidates' work experience and their ability to work under pressure as well as their customer service and problem-solving skills.
2. What methods do you use to manage the daily workflow and schedule in the workplace?
Demonstrates candidates' managerial, organizational, and time management skills.
3. How would you ensure that necessary parts are available when needed by the service team?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills.
4. How do you stay current in the automotive industry?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and willingness to continue their education.
5. What sales strategy would you use to promote our company's products and services?
Demonstrates candidates' sales ability.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources