A Service Advisor typically works in a car dealership and acts as the liaison between customers and the service technicians. The Service Advisor communicates with customers to determine their vehicular problems and the repair timeline and provides the technicians with accurate repair descriptions about the customers' concerns.
Service Advisor Job Description Template
We are looking for a personable Service Advisor to act as the liaison between our customers and service technicians. The Service Advisor's responsibilities include greeting customers, listening to requests, scheduling appointments, estimating costs, verifying insurance, conducting inspections, and test driving cars. The Service Advisor will ensure customer service by working with customers to determine their vehicle issues and problems, determining the repair timeline, and working with technicians to convey the customers' concerns with accurate repair descriptions.
To be a successful Service Advisor, you should have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills. You should also have a strong understanding of automotive technology and of the automotive industry.
Service Advisor Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and directing them to available mechanics.
- Consulting with mechanics regarding necessary repairs and possible alternatives to expensive repairs.
- Using your knowledge of our products and services to sell or provide in-depth information about available parts and service options to customers.
- Answering questions about service outcomes and scheduling and booking appointments, vehicle drop-off, and vehicle pick-up.
- Providing customers with information and advice on warranty protections, potential cost savings, and the advantages of trading in versus fixing their car.
- Managing and overseeing the dealership's workflow and schedule.
- Calling customers to advise them about service changes or car pick-up times.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Ensuring all details on services rendered and costs are related to customers and processing their payments.
- Liaising with service technicians about parts ordering and ensuring parts are available when needed.
Service Advisor Requirements:
- An Associate's degree in Mechanics or a related field may be advantageous.
- Experience in the automotive field may be advantageous.
- A strong understanding of automotive technology and the automotive industry.
- Proficiency with industry-specific software.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate with mechanics, customers, and management.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources