Service Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a meticulous, detail-oriented service coordinator to evaluate the needs of our customers, make recommendations for new services, and suggest improvements to existing services. The service coordinator's responsibilities include advocating for the client's care, explaining the available options, helping to plan services, and keeping records of the services offered. The service coordinator will help the elderly, clients with medical needs, and low-income families to access any services that they need.
To be successful as a service coordinator, you should be service-oriented with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. You should have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to deal with our clients with empathy and compassion.
Service Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assessing the service needs of clients and linking them to the appropriate resources and providers.
- Facilitating programs and services, job training, and transportation.
- Developing a resource directory of local social service agencies and providers for easy access.
- Assisting clients with applications for benefits and entitlement programs and assisting clients to live independently in their own homes.
- Advocating for adequate, timely, and cost-effective services and responding to any issues that occur during the delivery of services.
- Scheduling appointments for clients, answering phones and tracking clients' service records.
- Monitoring the services being provided and staying up to date on any services being introduced or discontinued.
- Evaluating the quality of all services and identifying areas that need improvements.
- Following up with clients regularly to assess and ensure their satisfaction.
- Responding to complaints and resolving issues or matching clients with better services.
Service Coordinator Requirements:
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, psychology, social work, or a related field.
- Strong work ethic and service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Staying up to date with services, policies, and regulations.
- Strong record-keeping and analytical skills.