A Service Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service, handling cashier duties, providing information, and answering questions on the company's products and services. A Service Clerk usually works for Insurance, Retail, Telecommunications, Utility, and Service-oriented companies.
Service Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a friendly Service Clerk to be responsible for providing our customers with excellent service. The Service Clerk's responsibilities include processing register transactions, handling customer complaints, cleaning and organizing the store, and helping to promote the company's products and services. The Service Clerk will also assist in taking orders, scanning information about customers' bills and payments, and updating customers' accounts when necessary.
To be a successful Service Clerk, you should have strong interpersonal and customer service skills. You should be detail-oriented and have basic math skills.
Service Clerk Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers to the store, inquiring about their needs, and directing them to particular items around the store.
- Giving advice on the store's or company's products and services.
- Referring customers to Sales Associates or Managers if necessary, answering phones, and transferring calls to the correct department.
- Ringing up purchases, promoting sales items, making exchanges, and processing refunds and returns.
- Maintaining a clean and organized cash register area and front of the store area.
- Addressing and resolving customer complaints.
- Reporting thefts or problems to the Store Manager.
- Ensuring the register drawers have enough money, replacing the register tape, and cashing up the register drawer at the end of the shift.
- Assisting in taking stock inventory, removing expired and out-of-date products from the shelves, and restocking inventory.
- Assisting with cleaning at the end of a shift.
Service Clerk Requirements:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in sales may be advantageous.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the company's products and services and strong sales skills.
- Basic math skills and the ability to use a cash register.
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- The ability to calmly and efficiently help disgruntled customers.
- Data organization and management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources