Senior Solutions Architect Job Description Template
We are looking for a driven senior solutions architect to assist clients by improving their computer software systems. In this role, your responsibilities will include working with a development team to deliver quality products and services. You should be able to handle pre-sales support and provide solutions to enhance your customers’ businesses.
To be successful as a senior solutions architect, you should listen to customers’ feedback and implement strategies to finalize projects. A top-notch senior solutions architect should understand how all parts of the business model work together in order to design a solution that best fits the environment.
Senior Solutions Architect Responsibilities:
- Identifying gaps or problems in clients’ computer systems.
- Understanding the way in which different parts of the business model work together, including operating systems and application architectures.
- Establishing the client’s business strategy and technical needs.
- Developing IT solutions to meet those needs.
- Determining the cost implications of various solution options.
- Developing plans to show how options will work and discussing these with the client in an understandable way.
- Working on the changeover from an existing system to a new one and ensuring that the improved version works with existing systems.
- Making sure that the new solution meets industry regulation specifications.
- Giving technical advice to clients and maintaining ongoing relationships with them.
- Providing customer feedback in a timely manner to the production department to ensure that product development or modification meets the clients’ needs.
Senior Solutions Architect Requirements:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, IT, software engineering, or computer science.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience with network administration in hardware and software.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, system security, database management, and web platforms.
- Above-average understanding of business operations.
- Awareness of and the ability to use a wide variety of software solutions.
- Project management and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in layman's terms.
- The ability to provide superb customer service and to be positive.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task.