Senior Mechanical Engineers design, research, build, test, and improve mechanical and electrical devices, equipment, and systems. They use CADD software to design powerful machines like generators, turbines, and engines. They also design machines within other buildings, and often work alongside a team, overseeing the manufacturing process.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer with a proven record of excellent project delivery to lead a number of company projects. Responsibilities will include working alongside other professionals to ensure deadlines are met, liaising with external stakeholders, attending meetings, using CADD software to produce detailed designs, ensuring all projects remain within budgetary and time constraints, and compiling reports for the board of directors.
To be successful as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you should keep abreast of developments in your field and outside of your discipline. Exceptional Senior Mechanical Engineers should constantly be upskilling themselves, and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyzing problems and coming up with designs to solve them.
- Networking and collaborating with other engineers and professionals.
- Working within the budget to deliver safe and efficient products on time.
- Allocating resources and time effectively.
- Developing design prototypes.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attending meetings and providing input and updates.
- Analyzing data to write up reports.
- Communicating with staff, directors, and clients.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Additional courses in Mathematics, Physical Science or Design, recommended.
- Relevant certifications, registrations, and licenses may be required.
- Superb creativity, vision, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence.
- Extensive experience working on engineering projects.
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity and a growth mindset.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources