Senior Data Scientists use data to shape the direction in which companies grow. Given the size of this undertaking, Senior Data Scientists direct and employ the efforts of junior staff as they spearhead various data-driven projects.
Senior Data Scientist Job Description Template
We are searching for a strategic and inquisitive Senior Data Scientist to develop and run with data-centered projects. In keeping with this overarching aim, the Senior Data Scientist will be required to outline work requirements, assign tasks to junior staff, and monitor performance within the team. You should also harness your mastery of Data Science to consult on various aspects of these and other projects.
To be successful as a Senior Data Scientist, you should use data to ultimately inform and promote the company's expansion. Top-notch Senior Data Scientists will assume a prominent role in the development of junior staff.
Senior Data Scientist Responsibilities:
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business's interests.
- Collating and cleaning data from various entities for later use by Junior Data Scientists.
- Delegating tasks to Junior Data Scientists in order to realize the successful completion of projects.
- Monitoring the performance of Junior Data Scientists and providing them with practical guidance, as needed.
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Producing and disseminating non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies.
- Staying informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
Senior Data Scientist Requirements:
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Extensive experience as a Data Scientist.
- Proficiency in R or Python, where the former is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of SQL.
- Competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centered projects.
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Outstanding supervision and mentorship abilities.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
- Compliance with prevailing ethical standards.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources