Interview Questions for Senior Data Scientists:
1. Which of your data analytic techniques are you proudest of?
Highlights expertise and a commitment to skills development.
2. At what point would a data set be unusable?
Reveals data cleaning and analytical skills, plus the ability to avoid using a data set, when needed.
3. Can you describe a time you developed capacity in a junior coworker?
Demonstrates mentoring and training skills, plus a commitment to fostering growth in others.
4. What would you do to support a staff member who had suffered a loss?
Tests interpersonal skills and a commitment to creating a sense of community.
5. How do senior data scientists contribute to the overall growth of companies?
Assesses an understanding of one's role in the broader scheme of things.