Sales Specialists improve sales and overall business growth. They have an in-depth understanding of all company products and services, and the skills and industry knowledge required to sell them. Sales Specialists might also prepare marketing budgets, conduct research and analyze trends, lead the sales team, and perform sales forecasts.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sales Specialist Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative Sales Specialist with a great analytical mind to join our team. The Sales Specialist will be tasked with leading the sales team and providing training to new hires, performing in-depth market research, preparing sales forecasts and advertising budgets, as well as updating existing marketing strategies. You should also be able to amend sales policies and make recommendations for business growth.
To be successful as a Sales Specialist, you should be able to explain product and service specifications clearly and concisely. Top candidates have excellent problem-solving and people skills.
Sales Specialist Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the sales team and assisting with recruiting and training new hires.
- Providing product demonstrations to staff and clients, and taking the lead in resolving complaints.
- Analyzing sales team performance and scheduling training/refresher sessions accordingly.
- Conducting market research and sharing findings with the team.
- Working alongside the team to draw up strategies to increase customer base.
- Setting sales targets and implementing incentives.
- Providing accurate sales forecasts and allocating resources so targets are met.
- Managing a network of vendors and suppliers.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers that are built on trust, and encouraging the rest of the sales team to follow this example.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in marketing.
Sales Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or similar.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to think on your feet.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Ability to diagnose problems and find solutions.
- Strong degree of diplomacy and the ability to work with a range of different people.
- Ability to remain professional.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources