Sales Interns form part of the Sales team. They may assist the Manager and senior staff by performing administrative and entry-level duties while they gain experience. Sales Interns conduct research, make calls and send emails, update records, attend meetings, and help maintain client relationships, among other tasks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sales Intern Job Description Template
We are searching for a committed, deadline-driven Sales Intern to join our excellent Sales team. The Sales Intern will complete all tasks assigned by the Manager, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, managing email campaigns, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting the Sales department wherever possible. You should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a Sales Intern, you should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding Sales Interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
Sales Intern Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Manager or assigned staff member, and completing all allocated tasks.
- Conducting desktop research, or gathering information through surveys or by speaking to clients and staff.
- Attending and participating in meetings, workshops, events, and exhibitions.
- Liaising with clients, vendors, and suppliers on behalf of the company's managers.
- Updating documents and sales records.
- Reviewing sales performance against sales targets.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Assisting managers with negotiations.
- Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders.
Sales Intern Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Degree in Marketing, Business or similar may be required.
- Driver's license may be required.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in a foreign language would be advantageous.
- Ability to cope with rejection.
- Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- A professional appearance.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources