Sales Administrators receive and process sale orders online, or via phone and email. Their duties include checking the accuracy of orders and issuing invoices, maintaining sales records, and compiling monthly sales reports. They may also be required to liaize with other departments, and research new product lines.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sales Administrator Job Description Template
We are seeking a meticulous and adaptable Sales Administrator to manage our purchase orders and invoices. In this role, you will verify customer information, issue invoices, relay order instructions, and complete monthly sales reports. You may also be required to process timesheets.
To ensure success, Sales Administrators should have experience in a sales environment and advanced administrative skills. Outstanding Sales Administrators understand sales performance metrics and provide excellent administrative support to ensure sales targets are met.
Sales Administrator Responsibilities:
- Receiving and processing purchase orders.
- Issuing sales transaction invoices.
- Verifying orders, including customers' personal information and payment details.
- Contacting customers by phone or email to answer queries and obtain missing information.
- Maintaining and updating sales and customer records.
- Compiling monthly sales reports.
- Expediting orders through internal liaison.
- Directing feedback from customers to relevant departments.
- Identifying new products to add to those on offer.
- Supporting the sales department with other administrative tasks, if requested.
Sales Administrator Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or similar preferred.
- Previous experience in sales administration, or a similar role.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience with industry software such as HubSpot CMR, Freshsales, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative recordkeeping.
- Familiarity with sales reports and sales records.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources