Sales Support Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, efficient sales support specialist to be responsible for administrative duties and assisting the sales department in gaining and keeping customers. The sales support specialist's responsibilities include tracking sales leads, coordinating quotes with sales packs, providing customer service, and managing customer accounts. The sales support specialist is also responsible for monitoring sales and the performance of the sales team as well as recording sales data.
To be a successful sales support specialist, you should have good time management and organizational skills. You should also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
Sales Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Answering customer inquiries, scheduling meetings, and sales appointments, and following up with customers about their order status.
- Compiling a daily list of sales leads, delegating leads to the sales department, and providing sales data and guides to the sales department.
- Developing and monitoring performance indicators for sales and staff members, managing sales tracking tools, and compiling reports.
- Recording sales trends and liaising with account managers to develop sales strategies.
- Creating and processing orders in a timely manner, processing requests for rush orders, and reviewing pending orders and customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Managing customer accounts, following up with customers for administrative purposes, and providing troubleshooting assistance for orders, account statuses, and other problems.
- Performing data entry tasks for sales figures, metrics, and other relevant information and maintaining an organized and accessible filing system.
- Handling administrative duties for the company and its executives and management teams.
- Scheduling customer meetings and conferences.
- Reporting any unusual activity to your supervisors.
Sales Support Specialist Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in marketing, business, or a related field may be advantageous.
- Experience in administration and high-volume office work may be advantageous.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent team working, motivational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- The ability to multitask and quickly switch your focus.
- Computer literacy, IT skills, and typing skills.
- An understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.