A Safety Officer, also known as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer, is a key professional in the work environment. Safety Officers provide safety management, advice, monitoring and reporting in the workplace, and engage staff in programs that ensure safe practice in the workplace.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Safety Officer Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a qualified and competent Safety Officer who will be responsible for the health and safety of staff in the workplace. The Safety Officer will compile safety programs and standardize them to remain consistent, as well as share best practice techniques at regular staff meetings.
To ensure success as a Safety Officer, you must stay updated with the latest trends in health and safety, and consistently implement these practices in the workplace. Ultimately, a top-notch Safety Officer will maintain compliance with all safety regulations and ensure that every member of staff complies with the regulated standards.
Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Compile safety programs.
- Practice safe working techniques.
- Implement and maintain health and safety standards.
- Establish a cordial and professional relationship with employees.
- Maintain compliance of all safety regulations.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to share best practice techniques.
- Standardize health and safety in order to remain consistent.
- Identify hazardous waste and disposal of it correctly.
- Promote safety initiatives.
- Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliance.
- Document staff information, minutes of meetings, and reports compiled for management.
- Regularly inspect equipment.
Safety Officer Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree.
- Valid competency certificates.
- Registration as a Health and Safety Officer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in this position.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources