Retention specialists, also known as customer retention specialists, design and implement customer retention strategies to increase loyalty and retain business. They analyze customer feedback, negotiate with customers, implement retention strategies, and compile reports for sales managers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Retention Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic retention specialist to help us retain our core customer base. In this role, you will deal directly with our customers to find out what issues they are facing, how we may improve our products or services, and how to retain their business.
To be successful as a retention specialist, you should have a persuasive attitude, excellent customer relationship skills, and a passion for sales. Ultimately, a top-class retention specialist is able to improve sales by creating lasting bonds with customers.
Retention Specialist Responsibilities:
- Communicating with customers and sales representatives.
- Analyzing customer behavior.
- Gathering information about customer complaints.
- Developing aggressive retention strategies based on customer feedback.
- Negotiating with customers to renew contracts and retain business.
- Meeting with the sales team to propose customer retention solutions.
- Writing and presenting customer behavior reports.
- Building positive relationships with customers and business associates.
Retention Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- In-depth knowledge of sales and marketing software.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and patience.
- Advanced organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources