Retail Sales Consultants assist prospective clients with their product selections and then proceed to close sales. Most Retail Sales Consultants work for cell phone carriers, though they may be employed in practically any sector.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Retail Sales Consultant Job Description Template
We are searching for an easy-going Retail Sales Consultant to provide telephonic guidance to extant, new, and potential clients, with the aim of generating sales. The Retail Sales Consultant should advise these individuals about existing offerings, paying special attention to the products which seem best suited to clients' needs. You should also be transparent about all applicable costs and notify clients about our payment options.
To be successful as a Retail Sales Consultant, you should be well-spoken and knowledgeable about our products' features and applications. A marvelous Retail Sales Consultant will use every conceivable opportunity to cross-sell.
Retail Sales Consultant Responsibilities:
- Reading product manuals and attending training workshops to maintain an in-depth understanding of our offerings.
- Making and receiving calls to discuss our products.
- Working to overcome barriers such as poor connectivity, language differences, and hearing impediments.
- Tracking and engaging in follow-up conversations about products, as needed.
- Fielding questions about the cost, warranty, and functionality of each pertinent item.
- Promoting suitable products to clients based on their requirements.
- Suggesting appropriate payment arrangements based on clients' available finances.
- Striving to provide top-notch customer service in each instance.
- Achieving stipulated sales goals on time.
Retail Sales Consultant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a Sales Consultant or equivalent, preferably within a bustling call center.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to describe product features in simple or technical terms based on clients' existing knowledge.
- Exceptional organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, assertive, and honest approach to communication.
- Outstanding improvisation, negotiation, and persuasion abilities.
- Attuned to subtleties in human interactions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources