A Resident Assistant, also known as a Resident Advisor or RA, is responsible for leading, mentoring, and supervising the student residents at a college residence.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Resident Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking a responsible Resident Assistant to oversee student activities in our campus residence. You will make a positive contribution to residential life by leading and mentoring students, facilitating social activities, instilling a sense of community, and upholding the university's code of conduct.
To be successful as a Resident Assistant, you should have the ability to lead a large group of students, each with different personalities and backgrounds. Top candidates will also be approachable and personable.
Resident Assistant Responsibilities:
- Mentoring students about personal and academic matters.
- Knowing and enforcing the code of conduct and college policies.
- Serving as a positive role model for students.
- Ensuring that the residence environment supports productive academic work.
- Facilitating social activities that foster a sense of community in the residence and hall.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Bringing other campus opportunities to the attention of residents.
- Responding to any emergencies.
- Performing various administrative tasks for the residence.
- Being available to students at all times during your shift at the residence.
Resident Assistant Requirements:
- Have lived in residence for at least two semesters.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Good academic performance and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Self-disciplined and responsible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Available during the beginning and end of semester breaks.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources