Interview Questions for Research Psychologists:
1. How would you develop and implement high-impact protocols if given limited funding?
Reveals knowledge of cost-effective, impactful research methods.
2. Which measures would you implement to ensure the anonymity of participants?
Highlights knowledge of appropriate data storage, coding, and reporting techniques.
3. How might you calm a distressed participant?
Tests interpersonal skills and an understanding of voluntary participation.
4. How would you manage research, teaching, and supervision responsibilities?
Assesses organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
5. Other than your primary areas of specialty, which phenomena would you like to investigate?
Demonstrates curiosity and the desire to expand one's expertise.