Clinical Research Coordinator Interview Questions:
1. A participant is not complying with the rules of the study. How do you manage the situation?
Candidates need to ensure that all participants understand what is expected of them as participants and what kind of actions or behavior could compromise the study. Participants who do not comply should be discarded from the study.
2. What is your approach to ensuring compliance with clinical regulation?
Candidates should describe, in detail, the methods they take to ensure that they comply with industry, research, and ethical regulations. Look for a methodical approach to compliance.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality of a clinical research coordinator?
Candidates should list excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the key attributes of a clinical research coordinator.
4. How do you keep abreast of developments in the field of clinical research?
Candidates should list reading medical literature and attending conferences as their means of staying informed.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their duties and how oversight can compromise research outcomes. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error, and learned a valuable lesson from it.