A Clinical Research Associate oversees trials for biotechnological and pharmaceutical products, and manages the well-being of trial subjects. Ideal candidates will be organized, pro-active and creative. Avoid disorganized, rigid candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Clinical Research Associate Interview Questions
1. What course of action would you initiate if you discover during a site visit an ADR was not reported to the sponsor within 24 hours, or not at all?
The answer to this question will demonstrate the potential hire’s ability to initiate appropriate remedies when problems arise.
2. What remedial action would you take if you discover a site has enrolled a subject without getting proper consent?
The answer to this question will further show the candidate’s ability to initiate appropriate remedies when problems arise, as well as the candidate's people skills.
3. What is the largest amount of protocols, sites and subjects you have been responsible for at the same time?
The potential hire's response will give you an indication of their ability to multitask.
4. How do you manage traveling extensively?
It is important for the candidate to express the ability to manage this aspect of the position, as a large percentage of a Clinical Research Associate's time is spent traveling.
5. How do you swiftly train site personnel?
The potential hire’s answer will give you insight into their ability to train site staff swiftly and effectively.