Research and development engineers oversee the design and testing of company products. They collaborate with the marketing and engineering department to design new products and also redesign existing products to improve market share.
When interviewing R&D engineers, top candidates should have experience with project management, exceptional troubleshooting skills, and proficiency with computer design software. Avoid candidates with limited knowlege of marketing principals and those with limited experience in team management.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for R&D Engineers:
1. How do you go about testing the functionality and safety of a product?
Delivers insight into the candidate's testing and design methods.
2. How do you determine when to redesign an existing product versus designing a new one?
Demonstrates how the candidate uses product cost analysis and market research to influence design concepts.
3. What computer design software are you familiar with?
Reveals knowlege of industry-relevant software.
4. What techniques do you use to troubleshoot product designs?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
5. What was the most successful design project you worked on?
Reveals relevant industry experience and highlights the candidate's capabilities.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources