Interview Questions for R&D Engineers:
1. How do you go about testing the functionality and safety of a product?
Delivers insight into the candidate's testing and design methods.
2. How do you determine when to redesign an existing product versus designing a new one?
Demonstrates how the candidate uses product cost analysis and market research to influence design concepts.
3. What computer design software are you familiar with?
Reveals knowledge of industry-relevant software.
4. What techniques do you use to troubleshoot product designs?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
5. What was the most successful design project you worked on?
Reveals relevant industry experience and highlights the candidate's capabilities.