Product Designers design items that make our lives easier, like computers, tables, shelves, coffee machines, and cutlery. Product Designers work with an industrial team, and sometimes operate in specialized sectors. They should have a keen eye for detail and a willingness to analyze markets.
When interviewing Product Designers, the most suitable candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills and be willing to take risks. Be wary of candidates who are afraid to step out of their comfort zone, and lack adaptability.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Product Designers:
1. How do you think a design process should begin?
Demonstrates knowledge of design, and organizational, as well as time management skills.
2. What is more important to you, design or function?
Evaluates knowledge of design and critical thinking skills.
3. Can you describe a time when your recommendation improved the design process?
Reveals level of commitment to improvement and tests problem-solving abilities.
4. How do you keep abreast of the latest design trends?
Shows dedication to improvement and willingness to learn.
5. Describe a time when someone disagreed with you. How was this resolved?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflict.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources